Dirty lazy barstewards

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As per usual the idiot minority are trying to ruin things for the rest of us. I was really hoping I'd be able to take my son out for a few wild camps in years to come but I suspect if this sort of thing continues then landowners will be on the lookout for anyone pitching up on their land.

If I do the wild camping ethos will be drummed into my son - arrive late, leave early, leave no trace.

more likely stirring up the mud to disturb insects etc to entice in the fish, or possibly removing weeds to reduce the risk of losing tackle.

It’s a shame more of us do not have the facilities to do this As the farmer in the video attache.
Flippin' brilliant. I didn't think you could get hold of the information from DVLA but apparently if you fill in a form V888 with 'reasonable cause' you can get the registered keeper details. Just hope he hadn't borrowed a mate's van...

I regularly go for a walk in local woodland and I take a bag for life with me, it's a fairly quiet, tucked away wood and usually I fill the bag and can't fit in any more with what I find in an hour of wandering!
People have seen what I am doing and hopefully a few will pick up the mantle, it only takes a few to counteract the few that are irresponsible, when I was young I certainly had less respect for the environment, but I am trying to be more conscious now.
I try and put back to others what was not available when I most needed it and we run connecting with nature walks and meditation, again trying to give back/pay forward, but it seems to be an inverse logic, that if something is free it's not worth turning up to, but if something costs X amount, it has value!

My social conscious is see rubbish pick some up and put in bin. The more that do that the better. I live fronting onto a park. Keeps me active when walking the dog picking up various bottles and what not often within 2 metres of a park bin.
Our smoke hut at work has three bins and two large ashtrays and they leave most of the rubbish on the ground or on the sides and it f<cks me right off....

1630480073311.png

And this is Reading this year..........

So whats the solution?Here lies the root of the problem, it becomes the norm and then becomes ingrained into the idiots that its ok someone else will clear it up.
Its got to start in the schools and at home but after that what?

So whats the solution?Here lies the root of the problem, it becomes the norm and then becomes ingrained into the idiots that its ok someone else will clear it up.
Its got to start in the schools and at home but after that what?
It's just astonishing isn't it? It is indeed now the norm - those people include in their budget for that stuff to be left behind - this behavior can now never be stopped (unless you stop overnight camping at festivals).

I guess when you can buy a tent for £20, you're going to treat it as a throwaway object - after all that's not even 4 pints in the pub is it?

It's just astonishing isn't it? It is indeed now the norm - those people include in their budget for that stuff to be left behind - this behavior can now never be stopped (unless you stop overnight camping at festivals).

I guess when you can buy a tent for £20, you're going to treat it as a throwaway object - after all that's not even 4 pints in the pub is it?
The manufacturer and retailer know that they are producing and selling a throwaway item. Don't know how you'd do it but taxing such items ++++ might help. Disposable BBQs for example. In our local forest and heathland they are banned following devastating fires over the last couple of years, but lazy gits still leave them smouldering away there.

I have thought a lot about this and I have the answer. Castration! Think about it, the culprits are not going to change. Any sprogs they spawn will be brought up with the same ideals and philosophy to life, so best stop them breeding now!

“Disposable”.
A perfect word for society.
Think of everything you bought this year so far- not food or brewing ingredients, but actual items to keep.
How many of them will still be around in 5 years? In ten?

Flippin' brilliant. I didn't think you could get hold of the information from DVLA but apparently if you fill in a form V888 with 'reasonable cause' you can get the registered keeper details. Just hope he hadn't borrowed a mate's van...
Keep an eye on the address if the scumbag in the cctv arrives or leaves the address thats a good clue its his van. He could have registered it at his nan's address or something...

Latest posts

Back