DISCOUNT TODAY ONLY! :)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Persuaded SWMBO to let me get a new keg (I only have 2 and a half kegs). Also ordered some wheat malt and a hefe yeast to make my remaining grain go a bit further.

Ha ha! That code literally ran out at 00:00 - I went to checkout at 00:01 and the voucher expired.

Oh well, no keg for me.

Ordered on Sunday evening, received Tuesday lunchtime. Cracking service. I’d rather my keg was pre-pressurised but beggars can’t be choosers, I’ve pumped some CO2 in for now.

I’d rather my keg was pre-pressurised but beggars can’t be choosers, I’ve pumped some CO2 in for now.
Was it all dented and full of cat pee? I'd feel better about missing out by one sodding minute if it is.

Aaaaand now I'm thinking about carbonated cat pee. Before that would have made me go eyyyihhh but after this year it's like - yeah, they're doing that now - whatever.

Was it all dented and full of cat pee? I'd feel better about missing out by one sodding minute if it is.
It’s in good condition, unfortunately for you. A couple of superficial marks on the outside but otherwise great. Came with a brand new lid as well.

Any reason why you would want it delivered pre-pressurised?
I don’t know. All the used kegs I’ve had previously have been so I was surprised when it wasn’t, especially as it wasn’t 100% dry inside.

It doesn’t take away from the brilliant service though.

Last edited:
I don’t know. All the used kegs I’ve had previously have been so I was surprised when it wasn’t, especially as it wasn’t 100% dry inside.

It doesn’t take away from the brilliant service though.
Thanks I will take this as some feedback and try to implement this! In future I think I will only be stocking the brand new ones directly from AEB..

Thanks I will take this as some feedback and try to implement this! In future I think I will only be stocking the brand new ones directly from AEB..
It’s not a complaint Ben. Delighted with the keg, can’t wait for my Helles to finish lagering so I can get it filled.

I probably need to get around to getting my wooden shelves in the kegerator as well so I can fit all the kegs in.

It’s not a complaint Ben. Delighted with the keg, can’t wait for my Helles to finish lagering so I can get it filled.

I probably need to get around to getting my wooden shelves in the kegerator as well so I can fit all the kegs in.
Sounds great! Let me know how it turns out i'm working on a bar to give out samples to the customers in our customer area!

Latest posts

Back