Does any one know if Cedaronics / Thermofix is still trading

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supercooper

Reaction score
I bought a skeleton STC 1000 enclosure from Tim at thermofix last year. I now need another one, but his website says it's temporarily not working, and its said this since late last year.
I seem to remember he had been poorly, I hope he's ok?
Does anyone know whats happening, or indeed where I could purchase something similar

cheers folks

Hi,

Tim stopped building and stocking the controllers last year. I think he hit a brick wall with legislation etc which was just not cost effective to try and comply with so he packed it in.
He was ok last time I saw him and didn't mention any illness.

Ebay seems a good source of the controllers or I seem to recall Homebrew Builder picking up where Tim left off.

Cheers,

Stu

I don't think he is still trading as, in addition to what you say about his website his ebay name has changed to something like gonegonegone2013.

It's a shame, he was a good bloke to deal with and his work quality was great.

You've all summed it up perfectly. It's a shame a business that puts customers first is one that gets strangled by red tape.
Tim, if you're reading this, good luck with ebay or whatever.
Now then, I'll have to try and make my own, and it's valentines day.
:oops:

dennisking said:
joe1002 said:
It's a shame, he was a good bloke to deal with and his work quality was great.

Couldn't agree more.

+1 to that, great bloke.

Red Tape is overkill. Assuming he knew what he was doing, of which I have no doubt, what has red tape achieved.

Now we will all buy them from Hong Kong and wire them ourselves. Easy for some, but based on the questions on this and other forums, that's a potentially lethal situation.

I had a couple of controllers off him and the quality was excellent. Sad he was a very nice guy and very knowledgable. :thumb: :thumb:

Yeah, shame he's packed it in but you only have to look at ebay to see why. His USP was his service and value add products, if he couldn't keep turning those out he was just down on competing on price for the same product as everyone else.

I certainly got the impression that he was the kind of guy that wouldn't be happy just doing that. I hope he finds a new product and market where he can make a go of it, as others have said: a top bloke and great to deal with.

Back