Double CO2 regulator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having won me a couple of kegs (thanks again to Ben at Keg That) I'm now on a mission to build a Kegerator. I need to find me a CO2 canister and regulator of course but as I have two kegs I was looking at solutions and came across this. I just wondered if anyone had any experience and if you have thoughts on this vs other solutions.

And am I right in thinking this would be a good option for serving different styles? A stout in one Keg and a wheat in the other for example.

Correct you will be able to carbonate as each style requires with a double regulator. I just purchased one myself. You can also buy inline regulators and use a single CO2 regulator but I think it's cleaner to just get a double regulator especially if you only have two kegs going at any one time.

And am I right in thinking this would be a good option for serving different styles? A stout in one Keg and a wheat in the other for example.

You would need a mixed gas regulator for stout, although you could use co2, but yes it does give you a choice of pressures to run 2 kegs

Funnily enough, I was sourcing my gas today and the guy did ask about mixed gas or just co2. I've also ordered a stout spout for my taps - do these help at all?
I tried a stout spout with CO2 and it just seemed to give bigger bubbles on the head, I have since got a separate regulator and mixed gas cylinder which is much better (and to can't beat pouring a stout at home and having that cascade effect while it settles :beer1: )

Latest posts

Back