Driving test is in 2 weeks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alawlor66430

Landlord.
Reaction score
My driving test in 2 weeks and I've been pretty cool up till now, I'm kinda bricking it a bit, I'm desperate to pass first time but kinda accepting I might not, did you guys all pass first time, or is usually a couple of attempts?

I past first time back in 1986 :oops: :oops:

Lot less cars on the road and non of that written theory paper rubbish, so probably easier.

Mind you O levals were harder than todays GCSE's :lol: :lol:

first time in 2007 was exactly 2 months from the first lesson. don't worry about it and take your time.

I passed the theory no problem, didnt really revise for it either I just downloaded an app that gave me random mock tests and just done them till I was passing like 3 out 5 attempts, my instructor sais I'm ready but I suppose it all come down to the day, I hear that allot about better drivers passing second time lol.

I passed first time 13 years ago, but I had been driving since I was about 12 years old (off road of course).

Practice as much as you can and learn the routes if possible.

What time is your test?

Good luck :thumb:

First time passer here in '96
I think the hand brake turns, and drifting on the roundabouts clinched it.
Try and chuck a couple in. really impresses the examiner.

2nd time pass 20 years ago my instructor told gave me great advice ...mirrors mirrors mirrors and be calm and collected its only a driving test you nugget.. direct quote honest

1st time pass back in 1989 after just 6 lessons. I had a lot of experience of shunting wagons around the yard when I was a kid working at my dads animal feed business so I had good clutch control from the start and a good idea about spacial awareness which must have helped though.

abeyptfc said:
4th time for me! :doh: passed back in feb 05 i think

forgot to add- good luck Adam, hope you pass 1st time!

Me too but mostly as I was bag of nerves and disliked the bloke that tested me on the 1st 3 occasions. I wouldn't have wanted to sit by him on the bus let alone in a car, on test 4 I got a different bloke who put me at my ease and it was easy. That was back in 1987 when I was a quite nervous and easily intimidated 17 year old.

Good luck with it I'm sure you'll do fine.

First time on a bike in 79, then out of necessity, first time in a car in 82. Dunno where you live, but traffic is your best mate - it'll keep you nice and slow, keep you busy, and eat up the time. My view was, there's a lot of a*5eholes and idiots on the roads that had passed- if they could, then I could.

Good luck hombre!

pass 1st time about 6 years ago but can only drive autos . i was lucky the weather was bad the day of my test ice and snow on the ground.

good luck and dont stress over it

Thanks for all the advice and good luck wishes guys, it's at 9.15 and in Dunfermline, so hopefully some poor bugger has a bump and I get stuck in a jam for half of it, but if not I'm just gonna try and stay cool, whether or not I do I don't know lol, I keep looking for cars and getting insurance quotes but I need to keep reminding myself I might fail, I don't want to just compound the disappointment.

Done a few, car, motorbike, fork lift, class 2 all 1st time, class 1 - 3 times :shock: that's a bugger of a test for someone to do who didn't drive for a living :roll:
My advice, try and detach yourself from it being a test, it's hard but it will help and expect silence as opposed to talking, it's quite un nerving.

Passed second time in 1962. First one was in Dudley which is town built on hills, even reversing round a corner was going down hill as well as round the bend!! Second time 5 weeks later in Oxford No probs.
Passed both the automatics only and the manual Public service vehicle first time in London - drove buses for a while.

Skid pan was absolutely fantastic try it in a double decker!!

Latest posts

Back