Dry Hopping?!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tayport

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just after a bit of advice regarding dry hopping as I'm thinking about intergrating this into my next brew......

So at what stage of the process does it usually take place, and do I just chuck them in and leave them to do their thing??

Many thanks as always!

Hi mate,

Have a listen to this:

http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/Brew-Strong/Brew-Strong-12-08-08-Dry-Hopping

Should give you everything you need to know :thumb:

I have just dry-hopped my APA, just chucked in 30g straight into my FV (I only use one now) and I will leave it for a week. It's almost done fermenting (i.e nearly at FG) but there is still some CO2 being produced that will protect the beer. On the podcast there they do advocate racking into another FV for dry hopping as the yeast can scrub out some of the aroma, but I'm trying it in the same FV to see what happens.

I made an American Amber Ale a few month back, I dry hopped right after primary fermentation so there was a fair amount of alcohol already. Some people rack to secondary so the beer is off the trub then dry hop but I just threw them in after the primary activity dies down. You can also use a hop bag so you can pull the hops out easier.

Latest posts

Back