Dry hopping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why you couldnt use it but a hop bag would be much cheaper.

A hop bag would have a finer mesh too, filter out more stuff you don't want in your beer?

Tea infusers are notoriously unreliable most are made in china now and have incredibly poor build quality, loose joins leaking the contents etc.

Not worth the bother imo

I use a stainless steel rice ball. Think it's 120mm dia. It works perfectly and is easy to sanitise and clean.

Does it really make a difference in the end? I'm about to dry hop for the first time, and I was thinking about just throwing the pellets in the secondary and then cold crashing before bottling. Have any of you tried that and had bad results?

I have some mesh bags and I guess I could put the hops in there. I guess I'm just lazy and I don't want to have to clean the bag if I don't need to.

I have used pellets for dryhopping before and just chucked them straight in the FV, theybreak up and settle and the bottom so you just need to be careful when racking but I don't think there is a need for a bag. Different with leaf though as it floats :)

Back