Dry hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedroboro

Reaction score
Hi All currently brewing the Festival Pride of London Porter.
I’ve sprinkled the Dry hops which come with the kit on day 5 as per instructions, we’re now on day 8 and it seems to have formed a thick foam on top of the brew.
Everything is within range temperature wise my concern is it says it should be kegged or bottled on day 10 but as you can see by the attached video they seems to be a lot of activity still.
Would you just add a filter to the end of the siphon tube and keg on day 10 as recommended?
Tia
Pete

Last edited:
No I would leave the beer for 2 weeks before kegging. Kit manufacturers are notorious for giving the impression you can make beer quicker than is really possible(its a good selling point).
The consensus of opinion for new brewers is 2 weeks fermentation 2 weeks in the bottle/keg to carbonate up then 2 weeks to mature so the beer is well drinkable. As you become more experienced you can start to shorten the process in some of the 3 sectors but that is experience or just stay with the 2+2+2 method.
The shortening suggested by the manufacturers is the main reason people get disillusioned with kit brewing as the beer is not really ready to drink and nowhere near its best.

Latest posts

Back