Pride of London porter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedroboro

Reaction score
Hi Folks
Just started my second brew I’ve gone for the Festival Pride of London porter it’s seems like a decent kit and smells amazing.
Has anyone brewed this before?
It’s been in the fermenter for 3 days with plenty of activity another 2 days and I can add the supplied hops.
It says after the hops have been introduced for 5 days it should be kegged or bottled.

Tia

Attachments

• ECDC01E9-F94E-4302-B252-46C89309361F.jpeg
    ECDC01E9-F94E-4302-B252-46C89309361F.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 4
Hi Pedro. I've just done the Festival Brigadier. I found fermenter activity slowed down the day before the hops went on, and stopped at the hop addition. I'm now on day 8 and the SG hasn't changed since day 5.

I've been tempted to bottle early as fermenting has stopped but the instructions are clear to allow 10 days, and I read something that fermenting is still ongoing even if there's no bubbling (don't know how accurate that is). Friday is day 10 so I'm geared up for that.

I have to say that my brew hasn't smelled particularly attractive - I live in hope that it tastes a lot better.

Latest posts

Back