Dry Mix Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Williamo

Reaction score
Hey; I have barrelled a dry mix kit that i bought from a brew shop in Dudley and am looking for some help.

All started well, I boiled up the kit and set it in the bucket and hit all the gravity targets so popped it in the barrel with the required brewing sugar for conditioning.

Prior to doing so i used some finnings to clear as it was quite a murky mix, i strained it through a sift but should have probably used muslin. 8 weeks on and its still a cloudy drop when i draw it off, and also a tad sweet (its a pale ale so am not sure if this is standard).

I was recommeded to try adding some wine finnings, which i did a week ago with little impact.

Any ideas on how to clear this sufficiently to make it look anything other than a weissbier?.. other than drink it with your eyes shut!

Thanks for your help!

Will

With all respect, you seemed to have thrown every clearing agent at this brew that is possible. The very nature of beer is that it takes some time to clear. This is a natural process of the suspended yeast falling out of the beer. You can throw as may clearing agents in the berw as you like, but if the yeast is still in suspension, it wont do any good.
Give it time to do its thing, it will come good.
Patience my friend

Latest posts

Back