eBay/amazon counter pressure bottle filler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try googling poor mans beer gun. Really inexpensive and works like a charm. The beer needs to be cold and the pressure low. I've been using it for all my bottles since I started kegging. I was also looking at those counterpressure fillers but nahh.... To much work

the annotations on the pictures don’t exactly fill me with confidence!

Yes some use of photoshop I think if you swap between images.

Good price though for all the parts and more all-together than some types. Just watched one in action and compared it to operating a steam engine - levers, turn knob, more levers, more knob. Makes me think one-handed is the way to go. One handle, two triggers, and an adjustable pressure relief valve should be all you need.

I have one, cheap Chinese stuff.

I pasteurized it flowing water through all the flow options and back into my GF it works but I had to modify the needle valve controlling the Co2 purge and counter pressure.

If you don't build a stand for it it will be a nightmare to use.

Aamcle

Hi @Soyyojuli
I am trying to build something like a poor man's beergun at the moment, but can not find any info on what size rubber bungs to order? I have standard 500ml glass bottles and plastic auto siphon.
Any words of wisdom, or links to the correct sizes?

Hi @Soyyojuli
I am trying to build something like a poor man's beergun at the moment, but can not find any info on what size rubber bungs to order? I have standard 500ml glass bottles and plastic auto siphon.
Any words of wisdom, or links to the correct sizes?

I made one with:
  • Intertap growler filler attachment
  • 1/2” hose, jubilee clamped at intertap end.
  • John guest 1/2” barb to 1/2” straight
  • John guest 1/2” to 3/8” straight reducer
  • 3/8” beer line
  • Ss brewtech 7G bucket bung from malt miller (think it’s a number 2)

The beer line fits snugly into the bung, and the bung fits nicely in the bottles.

I have the exact one and it works fine. Not using it too much tho. 4/5 bottles every few months..

I made one with:
  • Intertap growler filler attachment
  • 1/2” hose, jubilee clamped at intertap end.
  • John guest 1/2” barb to 1/2” straight
  • John guest 1/2” to 3/8” straight reducer
  • 3/8” beer line
  • Ss brewtech 7G bucket bung from malt miller (think it’s a number 2)

The beer line fits snugly into the bung, and the bung fits nicely in the bottles.

What he said hehe. Good thing he said something, I haven't got a clue. Just said what I wanted at the homebrew store

Back