Ed Sheeran

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewdoug

Reaction score
Well, I love Ed Sheeran's music usually, but I've never turned off the Glastonbury Headline Act before.
One guy with a small guitar and recorded backing music didn't work at all for me as a finale.

Can't be doing with the guy, probably because I'm outnumbered by yoof at work and their radio station of choice is all Ed Sheeran this,that and the other. I might not have known of his existence, otherwise. How about the 70s and Roy Harper?

He's not one for me, talented yes and a dab hand (or is that foot) with the loop pedal to be a one man band, but I felt that it was an act that would have been better live as it didn't really work for TV, just one bloke on a massive stage.

Needless to say I found something else to watch.

Poor Ed. My misses loves him.In a poorly child type way( i think) Wet a hanky and wipe his brow ,and also future son in law material.The gran ma , just thinks ' he's a very nice young man .My 14 year old daughter just thinks he's a winging needy nerd who just keeps getting dumped.Even his tattoos look like transfers. Alright on a open mike night on sod all to do tuesday.And come on .ffs, galway girl. A lot of the main stage seemed to be more glitter, graphics and load of other over the top shinny sh*t
etc, to make up for lack of substance. Being told to say woah oh and let me see you put your hands in the air every 20 second would do my nut in.Though i am more of a , Kick out the jams, mother f**kers type of person

By the sounds of it I'm glad I dont know who this chap is

I was forced to watch him for the first time last night so I am now an expert.

I can report:

1. He sings in a high-pitched squeaky voice that sounds as if his knackers are caught in a mousetrap.

2. He sings at a huge "words per minute" rate so you won't know what he is singing about; thankfully.

3. He sings his own songs, so at least no-one has to listen to him murdering a 70's classic.

4. His performance at Glastonbury was so bad that the person who was forcing me to watch looked embarrassed as she switched channels and apologised to me! :thumb: :thumb:

I can report:

1. He sings in a high-pitched squeaky voice that sounds as if his knackers are caught in a mousetrap.

2. He sings at a huge "words per minute" rate so you won't know what he is singing about; thankfully.

3. He sings his own songs, so at least no-one has to listen to him murdering a 70's classic.

4. His performance at Glastonbury was so bad that the person who was forcing me to watch looked embarrassed as she switched channels and apologised to me! :thumb: :thumb:

You're not selling him to me here, Dutto :lol:

I can report:

Yep i heard your Mrs stands over you with a bat forcing you to watch **** TV. :mrgreen:

Bland, inoffensive ditties for people that aren't really into music.

It's really popular!

I thought it was an appalling choice for Sunday headline. I know it'll fill a field or two, but is that all it is about?

To be fair, there were about 70 other stages/acts throughout the festival that punters could watch instead. Mr S isn't my cup of tea so I went to see JUSTICE instead (who were great)

Just because BBC1 is arguably the *biggest* UK channel, doesn't mean you have to watch Poldark :)

Back