electric hob

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffoon

Reaction score
Going to start my first brew as soon as my hops come home but i havent been able to buy a boiler as yet so i was going to just use a big pot but ill be using an electric hob in the kitchen, will i be able to control the temp as good as a gas hob?

like make one of these :D :thumb: ie tesco elements

60ltrboil-3.jpg

60ltrboil-2.jpg

60ltrboil-1.jpg

buffoon said:
Going to start my first brew as soon as my hops come home but i havent been able to buy a boiler as yet so i was going to just use a big pot but ill be using an electric hob in the kitchen, will i be able to control the temp as good as a gas hob?
I use an electric hob for my brews, I only brew 15 litres at a time with a 19 litre pot. I get a rolling boil on the hottest ring when it's turned up to max. No need for temp control, just turn it up all the way.

the other good thing to think about ie 2 elements if one goes pete tong you got one spare ;) ;) :thumb:

60 ltr bin from home brew shop about 26 squid
2 tesco kettles 5;50 each
tap and tank connector toolstation
other bits i all ready have at home

buffoon said:
that looks smart, ill bet thats much cheaper than a burco too

Or make one of these, 2 Tesco elements and it sits on a large gas ring, therefore faster to boil and if there is a power cut i've still got the gas, and being stainless it should last for ever, or near enough.

BEER030.jpg

nice i like it how did you get elements to sit right due to curve of the barrel :thumb:

knottlaboy said:
Or make one of these, 2 Tesco elements and it sits on a large gas ring, therefore faster to boil and if there is a power cut i've still got the gas, and being stainless it should last for ever, or near enough.

BEER030.jpg

tazuk said:
nice i like it how did you get elements to sit right due to curve of the barrel :thumb:

I didn't do owt special, just used the plastic seals that are the kettle,then used some heat resiting rubber from work to make another seal on outside of boiler.

Back