Extract No2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddie66

Reaction score
Just finished my 2nd extract brew a wadworth 6x.All went well with a 6l boil then topped up to 23l with Malvern spring water.Added the re-hydrated nottingham yeast & now tucked away in the dining room for 14 days. The only thing differing from the instructions was the
og which came out at 1048 as opposed to the 1042 target.
I barreled/bottled the boddingtons and wilco hoppy bitter/elderflower this morning & harvested some yeast from the boddingtons trub to see if i can save it for the next brew, i have not tried this before so worth a go.

Brewing :- Wadworth 6x extract
Conditioning :- Boddingtons extract, Wilco hoppy bitter with elderflower, wilco pear cider with ribena. :cheers:
Drinking :- Wilco sweet newkie, wilco golden ale,cerveza & apple cider

Well i've ordered 2 more kits from Brew uk, the way to amarillo and summer glow so no going back to tins now.
Got up this morning & went in to check the brew , the lid was bulging so i released it slightly. Went back to check it 10 mins later & the yeast is trying to escape so gone off like a rocket.

Nice one. I do like their brews, I've got Exmoor Gold and Old Peculier kits to go on next.

Stupidly, I just did a cheap Wilco kit as I didn't have a lot of spare time: you can really tell the difference and not in a good way.

I took one step further recently and did a non-kit Extract brew, based on a recipe I found on the net. It's so good I can't leave it alone, even though it's very young:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=37537

Had a small taste of the boddingtons when i got home from work, it has already carbonated well after only 2 days and tastes superb.
Roll on a proper taste in 3 weeks .

Latest posts

Back