Fans' behaviour 'unacceptable' says Liverpool FC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A massive win followed by a massive own goal.

Liverpool FC issued a joint statement with the city council and Merseyside Police, saying: "Our city is still in a public health crisis and this behaviour is wholly unacceptable.
"People were urinating in doorways of the Cunard building because people gathered there with cases and cases of beer.

1593261632143.png

1593261697724.png

Liverpool FC has condemned the behaviour of some fans who gathered in the city to celebrate the Premier League title win as "wholly unacceptable".

Flares were lit as thousands turned up at Pier Head waterfront despite restrictions on gatherings.

Firefighters also extinguished a small fire at the landmark Liver Building.

Mayor Joe Anderson said the events "brought Liverpool Football Club and the city of Liverpool into disrepute".

Liverpool FC issued a joint statement with the city council and Merseyside Police, saying: "Our city is still in a public health crisis and this behaviour is wholly unacceptable.

"The potential danger of a second peak of Covid-19 still exists and we need to work together to make sure we don't undo everything that has been achieved as a region during lockdown.

"When it is safe to do so, we will all work together to arrange a victory parade when everyone can come together to celebrate."

Mersey Fire said it quickly extinguished a small blaze on a first floor balcony of the Liver Building.

"There are not believed to be any injuries and the fire is thought to have involved a firework," a spokesperson said.

Mr Anderson told BBC Radio Merseyside he was "frustrated and angry and upset".

He said: "People were urinating in doorways of the Cunard building because people gathered there with cases and cases of beer.

"About 95% of fans have behaved remarkably well, brilliantly, and listened to our pleas not to gather together, and yet there are a tiny minority besmirching Liverpool Football Club's name."

Friday was the second consecutive night that crowds gathered to celebrate the club's first league win in 30 years.

"On Thursday, when they gathered outside Anfield, you could argue that the passion was there and we had to accept that was inevitable," Mr Anderson said.

"But what we saw yesterday was pre-meditated, planned, thought through, and drink played a major part in that.

"That's no [longer] acceptable now in this city."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-53203765

I’m a reds fan and was chuffed to bits last week. There was fireworks and cheersball over the place (I live on the Wirral (the sticky out bit between Liverpool and wales) but I was gutted to see these pictures and videos. Unfortunately, this was always going to be the case, whether it was us or another team to win the PL. but I was disappointed at fans not behaving themselves.

I’m a reds fan and was chuffed to bits last week. There was fireworks and cheersball over the place (I live on the Wirral (the sticky out bit between Liverpool and wales) but I was gutted to see these pictures and videos. Unfortunately, this was always going to be the case, whether it was us or another team to win the PL. but I was disappointed at fans not behaving themselves.
As a fellow red, it would have happened in Manchester, Leceister, London and any other city. Will defo be on the streets when the official celebration happens... which ever month that will be. was 17 when the Redmen last won the title. Still hasn't sunk in, maybe when they get handed the trophy at the etihad tomorrow it will athumb..

That's great, not been to a match since I moved to London from the North, got about 2 or 3 mates that are reds down south.. good enough for a little get together.

I don't follow the game but behaviour like that sickens me. How they can be called "fans" is beyond me. It's a sad reflection on today's society.
It's not just the football "fans" either. So called responsible adults having picnics during the hot weather on the grassy areas at New Brighton just over the water. Beer cans/bottles and rubbish left strewn all over the place. There's too many people just don't give a sh1t about anyone but themselves in this country.

Tom aheadbutt

Does anyone here actually think about the 2 meter rules that are being broken?? It's morons like these and protesters for BLM that are putting everyone's lives in danger. I live outside of Leicester and I can see why the City has gone back into lockdown, no one thinks that Corona is a threat anymore!! Luckily I'm furloughed and have no neighbors so I only go out for essentials still. Rant over.

no one thinks that Corona is a threat anymore!

I think that is the case with a lot of people, i have noticed an increase in numbers of work vans with two people inside they can only be half a meter apart these people and the ones you mentioned are going to cause the second wave and there is nothing the government can do about it.

i have noticed an increase in numbers of work vans with two people inside they can only be half a meter apart.

They’re the same here. There’s theeebin some of them and in the park yesterday we saw around 10-12 teenagers all day on the swings and on each other’s knees. I’m not a worrier, but I’d like to be able to see my parents again within the next three months...

Latest posts

Back