Fat Balls

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin54

Landlord.
Reaction score
I buy loads of fat balls for the local birds and just realised the containers would make a great little brewing container, when thoroughly cleaned. This has not been 're-tweeted"...lame joke!
Whats your thoughts, seems a waste to chuck them out.???

Not an answer but our local farm shop has the best adds for fat balls - in the best 'carry on' tradition

1) Fat balls for your little ****
2) Fat balls keep your **** happy

Have to share these things!

Not an answer but our local farm shop has the best adds for fat balls - in the best 'carry on' tradition

1) Fat balls for your little ****
2) Fat balls keep your **** happy

Have to share these things!
thats a load of balls you got there man...like it!

Anything can be used to brew I suppose. As long as it has the food safe markings. Normally a knife and fork.

I have a lot of song birds in my garden. But it might have something to do with the 4 magpies and a crow I've 'taken' out the equation ;-)

Ah...an air gunner I suppose...like your style...

Ah I see now, I thought a thread about genital swelling on a brewing forum was a bit weird!

give the bags a good soak in boiling water to remove any fat residue.

Ah...an air gunner I suppose...like your style...

And to be fair, I've done this at a few places I've lived and it is astonishing how quickly the little colourful ****....ahem. Come back.

Magpies especially are little btards and eat all the eggs. Bloody Canadian immigrants. ;-)

Please dont feed your garden balls with fat balls during the spring, summer and autumn. They wont feed on their natural food.
Brumbrew, i might have a job for you....ref....ex-magpies.

Please dont feed your garden balls with fat balls during the spring, summer and autumn. They wont feed on their natural food.
Brumbrew, i might have a job for you....ref....ex-magpies.
Yep...I don't feed the birds at all from the spring onwards

The birds.....****'n'all.....only need our help over winter, I save the half coconuts and make up my own mix by melting some suet with a generous helping of mixed fruit , oats & nuts then packing that into the coconut halves. Probably costs more but at least I know what I'm feeding them.

I love to see a bird pecking away at my fat balls :whistle:

#teabag

index.jpg

Given my 'fat-balls' container a thorough wash and its absolutely ideal for my next brew which is only 9litres (Diabolo), which requires 2 containers...£5 saved..

Latest posts

Back