• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fermentation & Kegerator Fridge + 2 AEB Kegs & CO2 - For Sale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrT

Reaction score
Hi All,

Alongside my other thread for sale of the hot side of my brewing setup, here's the details of the cold side.

I'm selling a dual-use fermenting chamber and kegerator.
Also included in the sale are 2 x AEB Kegs, both in great condition; a 6-way CO2 distribution board, CO2 tank, with primary regulator, all required beer and gas line and a few other accessories.

The Kegerator has been converted using a T-shaped tower, fully insulated inside - with lights fitted for the front bits. 2 stainless shanks are fitted and it's completed with 2 stainless Intertap beer taps. There is copper pipe fitted from inside the fridge up to the shanks to keep the beer line nice and cool.

I never got round to it, but there would be room to fit 2 small corny keys at the back, and space on the tap tower for 2 more taps.

When in use as a fermentation chamber, there is a removable tube heater that is built into a shelf that allows a large flat area for fermentors. I've fit PET carboys and buckets in there no problem.

Temperature control is via a STC1000 which is neatly built into a control box, which handles both cooling and heating. Both outputs are on switches, for convenience. Also there is a switch for the lights there too.

I got everything out and gave it a good clean and a test yesterday - as you can see from the pictures, the fridge has no problem reaching lagering temperatures.

I'm actually really sad to see this setup go. I've produced some fantastic beers over the years with it. Due to family and job commitments, I just don't have the time to commit to brewing and haven't managed to brew a single batch in 12 months. So, it's time to pass this setup onto someone who will make better use of it.

Obviously with any brewing setup involving electricity and water, there are dangers involved if you're not careful. I would say that if you're not quite sure of what you're doing yet, you'll find excellent information and advice on this forum - do your research first. I am selling this system as is, on the basis that whoever purchases knows what they're doing and therefore I cannot be held accountable for any possible accident or injury that comes from use. I've always been very careful and used RCDs etc. Sorry to be serious for a moment, but any electric brewing system absolutely should be treated with full respect.

I'm including a couple of books that I've learned a lot from. Also a spanner that is the correct size for the corny keg posts. The shiny metal tube is a thermowell that I made - it works great, especially used with a carboy and red carboy cap. All of the brewing accessories (not the garden furniture :laugh8:) in the pictures are included in this sale.

I'm much more keen to sell this on to a home brewer who will make great use of it, rather than trying to maximise profit, so I'm not going to put a starting price up. I'll just say that I'll consider any sensible offers.

I'm based in Highgate, North London. I do drive, and have a Zipvan membership, so could possibly help with transporting the setup if needs be.

All the best and cheers :cheers7:

Ben

That’s a nice set up mate, wish you’d posted this last year before I started getting all the stuff to make my own!

That’s a nice set up mate, wish you’d posted this last year before I started getting all the stuff to make my own!

Ah thanks Rivvo, yeah I'm sad to see it go tbh. It would be great to see it getting some proper use though!

What price?

Any takers at £500? Any sensible offers considered.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, or post them here.

Cheers! :cheers7:

Ben

Latest posts

Back