Fermenter advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samba23

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find an answer.
I am new to brewing and loving using my Grainfather G30. At the moment I am using a mangrove jacks fermenter at room temperature and realise I now need to learn more about fermenting and the whole process.
My aim is to get to a place where I can be brewing great beers, especially NEIPA's and dry hopping.
With there being so many different options on the market, I was hoping some of you experienced brewers would point me towards some great learning articles/videos or previous threads, also where you would be heading next regarding the equipment.
Appreciate any advice and thanks in advance!

I would say look on YouTube. Theres loads of content on there about virtually most bits of brewing equipment and techniques.
I brew in SS Brewtech gear. I would say many folk use a whole multitude of different fermenters and make some great beers in plastic so dont feel you must shell out the cost just yet.
If you have a brew fridge then plastics fine and they are so much cheaper too. This way you can control the temperature really well. If like me, you dont have a fridge, I really rate stainless fermenters with integrated cooling and then use a glycol chiller.
I haven't seen the Grainfather fermenter but David Heath did a review on this against the SS Brewtech and he really liked it.
Temperature control and cleanliness is key to good beer.

Back