Fermentors.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super glue contain cyanide, I'd never put nowhere near to my beer or food stuff.
No it huffing doesn't!
The “cyano” root in the term “cyanoacrylates” may give the idea that adhesives contain cyanide—a highly toxic compound. This assumption is incorrect. While some older forms of cyanoacrylates can cause minor skin irritation or allergic reactions, these adhesives are generally considered non-toxic, with some variations receiving approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for direct skin contact applications.

“Cyano” actually refers to the use of cyanoacrylic acid in the formulation of cyanoacrylate adhesives. The compound is combined with alcohol—such as ethanol, methanol, or 2-octanol—to initiate a reaction that forms cyanoacrylate ester molecules. When exposed to water, these molecules polymerize to create strong bonds between contacting material surfaces.

It looks like you are stretching it as you go around, they are like the pressure cooker seals go around pushing it together rather than stretching it.
No I am not. It's so big it just falls in the hole. They are ****. I would like to see you try and fit it unless you are some sort of magician?

Should've got a Grainfather conical instead.

Wondered when you were gonna pipe up! Change the record love.

Last edited:
No I am not. It's so big it just falls in the hole. They are ****. I would like to see you try and fit it unless you are some sort of magician?

Should've got a Grainfather coniical instead.

Wondered when you were gonna pipe up! Change the record love.
Just passing on a suggestion of my experience with silicone sealing rings.

Tess Tickle

Might I suggest that you email Kegland directly in Australia, describing the problem and asking for advice?
I contacted them about a small issue with my Brewzilla and found them very helpful. Given the time difference they were very prompt and attentive.
Kegland make decent equipment at a good price, and the Bucket Buddy should be fine if you don't need cooling.

I would add my vote for the GF fermenter which is working really well for me.
I use a beer line chiller repurposed as a cooler, with the Grainfather cooling pump kit. It works fine with plain water rather than glycol.

It looks like you are stretching it as you go around, they are like the pressure cooker seals go around pushing it together rather than stretching it.
The reason I said it looks like you are stretching it is two photo's of the same seal and lid
1674093098514.png

1674093253996.png

The first picture is the seal just dropped in the hole and nothing else. The second picture is after we've pushed it down as hard as we could all the way round, but not stretched it. Stretching it would've made the gaping gap even bigger! The camera is deceiving.

My new seal is arriving today so fingers crossed this one fits. It'll be interesting to see a side by side of those two.

It's really easy for silicone seals to stretch during the manufacturing process. Still, I would have imagined the manufacturer of the fermenter itself would have noticed this when putting in place. Hopefully all good with the replacement.

I have two All Rounders but I still use my first 30L Speidel Plastic Fermenter. I had to buy a new o-ring for it as the Speidel one wore out and that's when I discovered that the lid of an All Rounder fits it like a glove! So it's back in rotation :)

View attachment 64419
Did you literally just use this as a replacement lid, or did you try to use it as you would an All-rounder in any way?

Latest posts

Back