Fermzilla - leaking carb caps (on lid)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Hanson

Reaction score
My Fermizlla seems to leak from both carb caps (in the lid). I've followed the Kegland instructions - o-rings look fine, not over tightening, lubing o-rings etc. But still cannot stop leak. It's not a small leak either - gas simply won't hold at all.
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue and managed to fix it somehow?
I think I might also have a leak from the pressure valve - but the leak is so bad from the caps that I can't fully tell.

Hope you can help!!

My Fermizlla seems to leak from both carb caps (in the lid). I've followed the Kegland instructions - o-rings look fine, not over tightening, lubing o-rings etc. But still cannot stop leak. It's not a small leak either - gas simply won't hold at all.
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue and managed to fix it somehow?
I think I might also have a leak from the pressure valve - but the leak is so bad from the caps that I can't fully tell.

Hope you can help!!
Its been an issue with quite a number of people, Keg Land claim to have fixed the problem on the new model, they have also changed the shape to try and eliminate stress fractures around the collar. Doubt whether it will make any difference to the exploding collection bottles or split bodies. If you have tried all logical remedies you could wait and see how the V 2 goes and get that. Still made in China but.

I've had this issue, I ended up swapping them out for Stainless Steel ones that have rubber seals... no longer an issue

Thanks. I've got the stainless steel ones - going to go the other way and try the plastic ones - apparently Kegland reckon they are better!?

I think you can over tighten these, which can squeeze the seal out of position, especially if lubricated. I also removed the sharp inside edge with wire wool, then hand tight plus 1/8th of a turn...

I have the same problem on one of the posts, it is **** so getting a new lid to see if that is better, looks like it had a manufacturing problem leading to pinholes

Latest posts

Back