Fingers Crossed.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddy90

Regular.
Reaction score
We pressed our apples yestrday, our 100Kg ish of apples produced 30liters of juice. We had such fun doing it we went straight home & picked more & wen't back for anouther go.
We used the equipment at the Cider museum, Broadmaine. They were very helpfull. It cost £10 per hour & we did the 2 batches in 1 hour each. The apples were free, mostly from mum's next door neighbor but quite a few from the roadside.
I'd bought 2x30l fermenters so was keen to do 2 batches, 1 with campden & yeast, the other natural.
I crushed 5 tablets into one drum as I added the juice & have just added the yeast 24 hours later. That one has already started to bubble! :shock: The natural one has yet to do anything :cry: We also had enough juice to do 2x1gal containers which I may experement with, extra sugar & yeast???
So fingers crossed it goes really well & we have 100+pints of lovely cider to drink next year :cheers:

Well done! I think you'll find that you'll have lovely cider to drink this year though! Are you planning on bottling or barreling the cider? Certainly with bottling it'll be good to drink after a couple of weeks (but will improve with time).

chrisp said:
Made 270 gallons of cider last year
:shock: :shock: :shock: Holy cow, thats a lot of apples. ;)
Eric, I think I'll bottle it or use some 'bag in box' type thingies.
When do I bottle it because all the research I did was only to get to this stage & now I'm paniking. :roll:
The 2x30l fermenters are bubbling for England in my kitchen & the 2x1gal are going ok too. How exciting. :clap:

Latest posts

Back