First Brew Completed!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sephibaby

Reaction score
Purchased the Coopers Lager Kit with, the bottles, Fermenter and all the gubbins 4 weeks ago.
I followed the instructions on the can to the letter, as it was my first brew ever, and it's all gone swimmingly...
I had it in the Fermenter for 7 days, and bottled it as t he the FG was he same after 24hrs apart on day 6 and 7.
Left in the bottles for 2 weeks whilst I went on holiday, and put them straight into the garage when I returned, and a taster bottle in the fridge.
Opened the tester bottle tonight and I'm so please with the beer, smooth taste, crisp flavour, and good smell. Head retained nicely all throughout the drink, until the last drops. I don't normally drink Lagers, but brewed it with the kit to learn the process, but would definitely brew again for a refreshing summer evening evening session.
Got the ABV at 4% after secondary fermentation.

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 3
Very important question...
Have you got another to brew? That first batch always seems to just disappear...
I’ve got the coopers Irish stout ready to start brewing on Saturday ;)

Stouts are my favourites, and I’m just trying to find a nice salted caramel recipe to use with the kit 🍺

Purchased the Coopers Lager Kit with, the bottles, Fermenter and all the gubbins 4 weeks ago.
I followed the instructions on the can to the letter, as it was my first brew ever, and it's all gone swimmingly...
I had it in the Fermenter for 7 days, and bottled it as t he the FG was he same after 24hrs apart on day 6 and 7.
Left in the bottles for 2 weeks whilst I went on holiday, and put them straight into the garage when I returned, and a taster bottle in the fridge.
Opened the tester bottle tonight and I'm so please with the beer, smooth taste, crisp flavour, and good smell. Head retained nicely all throughout the drink, until the last drops. I don't normally drink Lagers, but brewed it with the kit to learn the process, but would definitely brew again for a refreshing summer evening evening session.
Got the ABV at 4% after secondary fermentation.
Well done sephibaby !
I’ve just started also having started my first ever batch on Sunday so I’m in that impatient waiting game ⏰

Did you use plastic or glass bottles ?

Well done sephibaby !
I’ve just started also having started my first ever batch on Sunday so I’m in that impatient waiting game ⏰

Did you use plastic or glass bottles ?
I used the 750ml PET bottles that come with the kit - I haven’t had any issues with them so far. I’ve got about half left now, and I have noticed that the ones I’m drinking now taste better than the first ones I drank, so they do get better with age.

I have since purchased a load of glass flippy top (Grolsch style,) and I bottled my stout a couple of weeks ago, and I’ve got a Newkie Brown in the fermenter 🤣

I used the 750ml PET bottles that come with the kit - I haven’t had any issues with them so far. I’ve got about half left now, and I have noticed that the ones I’m drinking now taste better than the first ones I drank, so they do get better with age.

I have since purchased a load of glass flippy top (Grolsch style,) and I bottled my stout a couple of weeks ago, and I’ve got a Newkie Brown in the fermenter 🤣
none of them gone flat ?
i've read that some use petroleum jelly in the lid to get a real good seal
also, what sugar did you use....carbonation drops, castor, granulated or dextrose ?

none of them gone flat ?
i've read that some use petroleum jelly in the lid to get a real good seal
also, what sugar did you use....carbonation drops, castor, granulated or dextrose ?
I've drank 15 so far, and none of them are flat.

My kit came with carbonation drops that stated on the packet to use 2 per 750ml bottle, but I wouldn't buy them again - waste of money really. I read an old forum post that for 500ml bottles, it's best to dissolve 100g of sugar (preferably same sugar you used when brewing) into 140ml of water, and use a plastic medicine syringe (from Calpol for example,) and squirt 5ml of your solution into each bottle - I did that with my stout and the early signs are very good, just waiting for them to condition until Christmas :)

Latest posts

Back