first brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipsk1ngl3

Reaction score
hi this is my first crack at home brew, i did a youngs bitter ,which was part of a brewbuddy kit, and and am now in the process of drinking it, i must say it has turned out really nice, a good head and nice clear beer. i am now brewing a coopers lager using brewing sugar instead of granulated sugar , will this make any difference

Hi and welcome to the forum , great ain't it drinking your own brew . Yes brewing sugar is better than cane sugar as it will be a little cleaner , for your next brew (3rd) try using some spray dried malt extract too , say if 1kg of sugar is needed then add 500g brewing sugar and 500g of dried malt extract (DME) and on your 4th brew try just DME and no sugar to see which you like best . Sugar can some times add a thinning to your brew while DME will add more mouth feel and a malty taste see which you like best . :cheers:

Hello & welcome,

I have been making the Coopers kits for a couple of yrs jow & love em!

Never had a bad brew yet.

Happy brewing.

cheers for advice will defo try dme and brewing sugar , i guess your right , i will experiment with ingredients, just bottled my coopers lager and looks very promising , nice aroma and colour , i put half a teaspoon sugar in each bottle prior to bottling , is there anything better than this method or shall i stick to it, worked well with youngs bitter, ...... well now for the hard part ,waiting to drink...cheers

Back