First infection since before 2019 (pre-covid)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This isn't about brewing, I've just caught something that had knocked me for 6 and I can't figure how an earth it happened. I only ever go to pubs / shops when quiet and keep distance between the next person. IN fact when mrs DOJ caught covid and I was awaiting an op I didn't get it. The last time I had this lack of energy was after my bypass op. Hopefully I'll recover enough by Thursday so I don't have to cancel our scottish trip. So whatever it is 3 c-19 jabs and a flu jab haven't stopped it. Take care.

I caught Covid just after Christmas, to be honest if it wasn't for the fact SWMBO felt really run down and took a test i wouldn't have known i had it and i would have carried on as normal possibly infecting many people.,

They regularly give updates in the local press about how many are still in our hospital and it always seems to be in the 20s, this thing isn't going away but fortunately for the majority it seems to be much milder than when it first started spreading.

Hope you are well soon DOJ

Last edited:
This isn't about brewing, I've just caught something that had knocked me for 6 and I can't figure how an earth it happened. I only ever go to pubs / shops when quiet and keep distance between the next person. IN fact when mrs DOJ caught covid and I was awaiting an op I didn't get it. The last time I had this lack of energy was after my bypass op. Hopefully I'll recover enough by Thursday so I don't have to cancel our scottish trip. So whatever it is 3 c-19 jabs and a flu jab haven't stopped it. Take care.
Hope your well soon DOJ athumb..

Hi DOJ there is plenty going around I have had the same as you jab wise even the Flu jab and for the last 3 weeks I have not been what I would call poorly but can not shake off this cold even now I am full of Mucous etc. I too do not bother testing so just put it down to a bad cold but a colleague at work has tested for covid so it is still doing the rounds although as Pilgrim has said people say they have Flu but real Flu was and still is a killer and will put you to bed.
I have had Flu twice in my life and you can see why it is a killer I was bed bound proper but I have had The Flu that everybody says is flu many times which is really just a very bad cold.
Get well for your trip mate just rest and take the obligatory Para's etc its the only way

I had flu when i was 19 it absolutely floored me for a full month, those who ring in sick with i won't be in for a couple of days i have the flu have no feckin idea what flu is, get well soon Baron

I am now mobile, and did drive 4 miles, just as a capability check. Too late to book a flight somewhere else for reasonable £££ . I suspect a big row about to happen Mrs DOJ doesn't want me to drive as I am doing it all but wants a break as understandably she has booked her hols and told them in work her plans. I don't have those pressures. If you see headlines "Swansea woman murdered retired husband over holiday" , that will be me. 😧

Latest posts

Back