First taste...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart Wilson

Reaction score
Dark IPA with Simcoe hops. Bottled 23 / 1.....great taste bit minimal carbonation so far. Been a bit chilly in back bedroom, so may need a bit longer. It's going to be good I recon....
20230206_203954.jpg

Very similar brew done a couple of days later....dark IPA with Williamette hops. To say I'm pleased with this is an understatement!!

Don't know if its relavent, but I've started fermenting at room temp in the kitchen, once fermentation has stopped, I just shift the FV to unheated garage and forget about them for a couple of months before bottling. These dark IPAs were started late august, shifted to garage after about 4 weeks (have all the details), forgotten about and bottled early Jan. This long lag really seems to have an impact on taste and quality. Very pleased!

Attachments

• 20230217_203956.mp4
    18.3 MB
Dark IPA with Simcoe hops. Bottled 23 / 1.....great taste bit minimal carbonation so far. Been a bit chilly in back bedroom, so may need a bit longer. It's going to be good I recon....View attachment 81658
When it's really cold I leave the barrelled beer in the kitchen for a few days for it to 'come up' before installing it in the cellar.

Back