first toffee apple cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollymorph

Reaction score
just started my first toffee apple cider tonight, really enjoyed putting it together. I have a drinking date of July for it so once this first batch is in second ferment might get another on the go. Also my first non kit cider :eek:

I'm planning on doing this next month ready for my birthday in May. As it sounds rather nice I maybe putting a new batch on every month just in case it's really that good!

the first bubbles are blubbing in the airlock, that was quick! Glad it's in the ikea bag.....

I like this brew already and another will certainly be on

bubbling like mad, a good topper. I really can't wait for this one to be ready, already got the bottle label designed! And for the cost of a DJ can't hurt to have more than one on the go can it?

on day three and the fermentation has really kicked up a notch! No real reason it's in a constant temp and hasn't been moved.....

OK so in the last half hour I have been sitting here, the top thingy has gone then a white foamy one has appeared and the bubble valve really kicking off The white stuff is now easing off again. Also the lava lamp is back and the brew is getting lighter.

One of the more interesting brews to watch

:hmm: fermentation has gone from very lively to an almost stop.... bubble rising about every 5 seconds, is it ready to move to secondary FV?

so, that one has been in second FV for just over a week, and made a second batch. That one got a bit overexcited the weekend but has now fermented out too so off that goes to 2nd FV

Latest posts

Back