First touch of Chinese motorized valves

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suorama

Reaction score
I try build my full automatic brewery. One BIG problem was valves. I'm not want use pneumatic ones. I have a compressor(?). But that noice when it's working is too much if I plan use my brewery night times.
Well, I try found reasonable actuator from Finland and Europe. If I found something price was something like 600 - 800€ per actuator. I mean only actuator.
After few months, I found in China a factory which build valves with motorized actuators. They made valves with messing, SS304 and SS316.'
I ask if they can sell to private person. It takes three months but they answer...
Between that I found also from Germany one "potential" dealer. They offer me valves with electric actuators at 108€ + 22€ per piece...
Well, when Chinese factory contact me, I forget every other choises.
Price was 75€ per valve with every possible costs (VAT, Customs and delivery with TNT)

Power consumption was 72W with German version. Chinese consume 4W. So, I can use PLC output directly (24V)
Open and close time is max. 5 sec with chinese varsion and German version use least 7 sec.

med_gallery_5716_228_55160.jpg

med_gallery_5716_228_32792.jpg

:thumb:

How you make fullautomatic brewery with manual actuated valves? :wha:

Well, if I start automatizing my system, then it should be automatic not semi automatic :whistle:

I am after some 3 way that run on 12vDC for veg oil dual fuel engines and the euro and US motorised valves tend to be cripplingly expensive . Were these chinese suppliers OK with small orders or did you have to go the "samples" route ?

I ask directly if they can sell me 3 pcs of valves.
They answer "yes". Because of price I order four.

But even they make a normal Commercial Invoice, they want payment to sample account.
They accept only wire transfer (and Western Union in my case).

Delivery was really fast with TNT. Friday they send packet and monday it came to Finland. Customs take one day.

I'm not sure if solenoid valve is magnetic valve. But if it is, then you need pressure. With out right pressure magnetic valve not open.
When you use gravity, there isn't enoug to open valve. And I think March cannot also push enough, but I'm not sure.
But now I have SS316, quiet motorized valves and 75€ isn't bad in Finland.

I test my valve with dc12V and it works fine. It is rated 24V

In the interest of the forum, as I have no idea what you would want this type of thing for. I dug one of these out of the van and tried an experiment.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It is a refrigeration solenoid valve.These particular valves do not need any pressure to operate but will still operate at 30bar. Opening and closing time is instant. The sizes range from 1/4" 1-1/8" The prices range from £15 ish to £100 ish.
You can get actuator coils for about £12. 240v or 24v, both 10w.

If I or they can be of any use to anyone, let me know.

Cheers

Steve

shocker said:
I bet they could do wonders mate , and Danfoss too ! Nice one ! Any 3 ways that will work on oils at 12VDC ? :whistle:

We have all sorts of weird and wonderful valves in refrigeration systems. Let me know what you want it to do and I'm sure something off the shelf will do it.
The valve above quite often operates with oil in the line at 20 bar ish.

Cheers

Steve

Heh. That is wonderfull. Finnish home brewer with Chinese products could unite two Brit...

So, is there any food grade ss316 (18/10) valves and NTP 1/2" coupling? (or 3/8")

I use valve like fo picture to bring water of my HLT.
Vena.jpg

That needs a bit of pressure to open. If I just give power it "naps" but without little pressure it wont open.

Latest posts

Back