Fleet and Gedney buying

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Dyer

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, someone from Gedney (South Lincs) contacted me (in Fleet 1 mile away) about sharing malt purchases etc. I'm still keen and will need to place an order in the next week or two.

Sorry! I lost the message and have no way of contacting you. Let me know if you're still interested and perhaps we can share a brew sometime.

Any one else in the Spalding area???

I would be interested in probably 5-8kg of a base malt, either MO or golden promise or pilsner. how much depends on how much others want and what splits best based on 25kg bags really. I would go halves on a sack if that suited.

Half a sack probably ought to be a maximum split. Thinking maris otter.

So we have 3 more half's to go!

It really does keep very well in 4 kg plastic tubs. I have some you can have foc.

Half a sack probably ought to be a maximum split. Thinking maris otter.

So we have 3 more half's to go!

It really does keep very well in 4 kg plastic tubs. I have some you can have foc.
That would be perfect, don't currently have anything to be storing it in thanks. Half a bag sounds good works out at base malt for 3 x 20l ish brews. good balance between number of brews and storage room.

How many bags were we ordering and how many people are in?

if we need to collect I have a van if it is easier than lugging into the boot of a car. Where were you thinking of getting them from?

Ahh I see. I called brewers select in peterborough, they will sell to public / homebrewers without a trade account. But even if you collect their minimum order is £100, which at their price is 4 x 25kg sacks of MO, I would take a sack if I had to but storing 2 sacks and committing to that much MO is a bit too much for me.

See if anyone shouts.

I would be in for 10kg of Maris Otter and might stretch to 15kg, and I usually have a few other bits to order too.

*** Ah, I see Brewers Select are a wholsaler only so I won't be able to get my 100g of Fuggles! Still in for 1/2 a bag of MO though. Do they sell it crushed?

@MashBag @Tony Dyer Is there anyone else we could get on board and maybe be able to club together and get a 25kg sack each to make the minimum to buy from brewers select? Admittedly its probably a bit more than each individual wanted to store, but the advantage is we could each have a different malt if desired.

I haven't got an issue with collecting from Brewers Select and then dropping over Gedney / Fleet way as parents still live over there so I tend to be in the area every few weeks.

Maybe @Mash Monster might be up for coming in on the buying group?

Hi Guys I’m currently working my way Through a sack of Extra pale malt from crisp which will last me a good few months however I would be up for a share of a sack of Maris Otter if that helps 👍🏼

I am in Peterborough and could take half a sack, would need to find some storage containers but that can't be too hard (let me know if you have any tips for cheap options)
Thank you.
I have 4kg tubs you can have foc. They are what the fat balls for wild birds come in. Ideal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240412-084720_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240412-084720_Google.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 0
Quick update...

1.5 sack Pale malt (½ sack min)
5kg Cascade hop pellets (1kg min)
25kg Malted wheat (>1kg min)

These can all be split.
All grain is crushed.
Prices will be confirmed on order. Cash on delivery is probably easiest, as we are all local.

Please message me if you want anything, include your contact details & address too please.

Ordering week next to give people time to count there stock 🤣

Quick shout out to anyone who has previously shown an interest...
@UKSkydiver
@Siscokid85
@Mash Monster
@Tony Dyer

@tondy79

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back