Flu

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
No not man flu or a heavy cold but flu flu! It's going around, Anyone else been ill? I came down with it last Thursday and am only just coming through the other side. Horrendous! My wife and I were under blankets shivering with cold with the wood burner on with temps of 40c on Saturday, exhausted just walking up the stairs to bed 🤣.

I haven't had a beer in 2 weeks and my appetite has completely gone. The good news is I've lost over half a stone!

hope you're both able to have a recovery bevy in time for chrimbo. 🤞

shivering (if you're in a warm place) is a good sign of fighting the infection.

I've had a flu jab and don't really get infections, only the odd minor sniffle.

I went to Belgium for 4 days but with only 2 days holidays had to phone in sick for the other 2. Said I had a chest infection. Guess what I got the day after I came back to work ? Yep chest infection coughing nose running ears blocked aching all over no appetite (do no harm ) and have to work through it to Friday cause I can’t say it’s back can I ?
I will be drinking on Friday regardless though and every day for 10 after that. It’s Christmas after all.

I went to Belgium for 4 days but with only 2 days holidays had to phone in sick for the other 2. Said I had a chest infection. Guess what I got the day after I came back to work ? Yep chest infection coughing nose running ears blocked aching all over no appetite (do no harm ) and have to work through it to Friday cause I can’t say it’s back can I ?
I will be drinking on Friday regardless though and every day for 10 after that. It’s Christmas after all.

You're made of sterner stuff than I DJ! 🍺

No not man flu or a heavy cold but flu flu! It's going around, Anyone else been ill? I came down with it last Thursday and am only just coming through the other side. Horrendous! My wife and I were under blankets shivering with cold with the wood burner on with temps of 40c on Saturday, exhausted just walking up the stairs to bed 🤣.

I haven't had a beer in 2 weeks and my appetite has completely gone. The good news is I've lost over half a stone!
Yeah me. Since last Tuesday. Was bad, just getting back to normality again now. Knackered still though.

Funny how it all works out, my youngest seems to have avoided it too, thank goodness!
My wife’s the same we were doing husband and wife things in the hotel as you do and she hasn’t even gotten a sniffle. She had covid a few weeks ago so I wonder did that give her some immunity from it ? We will never really know how it works or exactly what we have though but covid has made us all more conscious of it

Me and SHWBO had the flu jab for the first time this year and upto now have dodged a bullet

My wife’s the same we were doing husband and wife things in the hotel as you do and she hasn’t even gotten a sniffle. She had covid a few weeks ago so I wonder did that give her some immunity from it ? We will never really know how it works or exactly what we have though but covid has made us all more conscious of it

I just reread this, 'husband and wife things' !! 🤣 Dunno what to say about this or the other point you've made.

Latest posts

Back