Fools Gold

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A T

Regular.
Reaction score
I hope to brew this at some stage over the weekend. I've brewed this many times and changed it a little along the way and this time is no different :D After tasting Amarillo hops in Bugnos JS Golden Ale i realised they were just what i was searching for to add a bit of a citrus kick, so here it goes.

5KG Golden Promise
250G Carahell
100G Carapils

15G Aurora Super Syrians 4.9% 60 mins
13G Nelson Sauvin 13.3% 30 mins
32G Saaz 3% 30 mins
24G Amarillo 4% 15 mins

This brew is called of due to poor time management :(
It will be my next brew, maybe i'll do a 50L one next week :D

Ok due to peer pressure :lol: and the fact that i've had these pots for months i'm gonna throw a brew through them, i prolly won't use any pumps cause i'm not sure how to use them without killing them :oops: but i borrowed enough plumbing fittings and pipes in work to make up some strainers (not done yet) hopefully brewday will be Friday night :D If anybody wants to explain how i use the pumps i'd be grateful :D they're scotsman pumps, retaged toton gp 12/20s i think :oops:

This brewday started great, i blew the fuses in the house and had to wait for the local shop to open to get more and then i undershoot my mash temperature by 4 degrees, oh and did i mention the pump decided it was better to **** water all over the floor cause pumping it into the tun was to boring. 2 and a half hours and i only have the mash on :evil: things can only get better :D

Here's the new recipe: 50L

10KG Golden Promise
500G Carahell
200G Carapils

30G Aurora Super Syrians 4.9% 60 mins
26G Nelson Sauvin 13.3% 30 mins
64G Saaz 3% 30 mins
40G Amarillo 4% 15 mins

Arghhh - that sounds a grim start - at least with 50L you have some left :lol:
I'm almost done sparging now - although I forgot to turn the boiler on until about half way through the sparge so the going is going to be a bit delayed :roll:

eskimobob said:
I'm almost done sparging now - although I forgot to turn the boiler on until about half way through the sparge so the going is going to be a bit delayed :roll:

I've done that once or twice 2 :lol:

A T said:
Here's the new recipe: 50L

10KG Golden Promise
500G Carahell
200G Carapils

30G Aurora Super Syrians 4.9% 60 mins
26G Nelson Sauvin 13.3% 30 mins
64G Saaz 3% 30 mins
40G Amarillo 4% 15 mins

I like the look of this :cool:. Are the Nelson Sauv pellets or leaf AT and who supplies them :?:

Thanks AT :thumb: I'll keep that one in mind. I've been looking for NS leaf but UK seems to be sold out or never heard of them. There's some pellets available from New Zealand but the carriage will be expensive.

I had a long day, 8-6 :evil: but worth it in the end. I ended up two points over what i aimed for and with about 3 litres extra :shock: here's some pics :D

brewday014.jpg

brewday017.jpg

brewday021.jpg

brewday016.jpg

brewday030.jpg

brewday041.jpg

brewday.jpg

I have a bad feeling i filled both fermenters to much, the mop is on stand by :roll:

I had to put my sunglasses on! :cool:

Quality pics AT - I love that conical :thumb:

Latest posts

Back