Fools Gold

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just helped myself to 3 pints of this from the second keg and now i'm thinking you guys might just be on to something with this ageing thingy :hmm: 3 quality pints, i'm well happy considering i found the amarillo a little over powering in the bottle. I think there might be another improvement to be made to this recipe.

Are you doing the version with Saaz? It's much better than the amarillo. I think this beer really finds a new level when bottled and primed with honey. I'll look forward to hearing what you think or any possible tweaks you would suggest. Iv'e been changing this recipe every time i brew it and never got it as good as the original recipe which also had grains of paradise in it. I'm doing this myself soon and i'll be going back to the first recipe except for one difference, i'll be using London Ale III instead of us-05 as suggested by MEB ;)

Definitely the Saaz AT. Can't help myself with Saaz <DROOL ICON>. Seriously can't wait to have a crack at this one. I reckon the recipe has a lot of balance and I'm definitely going London Ale just to do it justice.

chappo said:
Definitely the Saaz AT. Can't help myself with Saaz <DROOL ICON>. Seriously can't wait to have a crack at this one. I reckon the recipe has a lot of balance and I'm definitely going London Ale just to do it justice.

Make sure you go for the LONDON ALE III. I love it in Pale/Summer Ales. Unfortunately when i brewed this it only lasted 3 days-everyone liked the bloody stuff and kept popping round for a swift pint..

Well AT this is finally going to get done after a few false mainly due to the great Chappo beer draught. Don't ask it was nasty (I had to drink commercial beer :sick: )

Back