for the bikers amongst us

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some serious gravel rash if he'd dropped it :shock:

I remember in about 1977 I had a Honda 400/4 cyinder flying machine, acceleration was fantastic :whistle: I was on a bit of a quiet ride out down the country roads :whistle: doing some silly MPH and didn't have a jacket on ....... and was hit by a bumble bee right in the middle of the chest :oops: it was like being hit by a cricket ball :roll: :lol:

Baz Chaz said:
Some serious gravel rash if he'd dropped it :shock:

I remember in about 1977 I had a Honda 400/4 cyinder flying machine, acceleration was fantastic :whistle: I was on a bit of a quiet ride out down the country roads :whistle: doing some silly MPH and didn't have a jacket on ....... and was hit by a bumble bee right in the middle of the chest :oops: it was like being hit by a cricket ball :roll: :lol:

a 400 /4 flying machine? Its like comparing a Sopworth camel to an F15 in comparison to the bikes they are riding on the road now. :D

They have a fair following though and fetch a pretty penny in good nick.

UP

Evening chaps, slightly off topic.

I have an 1987 RG500 Gamma, 1985 NS400R & a 1982 350LC.....I'm trying to secure a 1978 KH400 Triple.

But :oops: I really want a Vespa PX200 or 125 or even a T5 for pottering about on. Does anyone know of one rotting away anywhere that needs restoring?

Thanks for any leads.

Steve

unclepumble said:
... a 400 /4 flying machine? Its like comparing a Sopworth camel to an F15 in comparison to the bikes they are riding on the road now. :D

UP

I wish I still had it, not that I would be out catching pigeons any more :whistle:

..... it was superb in it's day, fastest acceleration to anything going at the time :thumb:

Baz Chaz said:
unclepumble said:
... a 400 /4 flying machine? Its like comparing a Sopworth camel to an F15 in comparison to the bikes they are riding on the road now. :D

UP

I wish I still had it, not that I would be out catching pigeons any more :whistle:

..... it was superb in it's day, fastest acceleration to anything going at the time :thumb:

I have ridden one and sold a few Baz, ( I ran a Breakers for a while for a mate, and sold accident damaged machines as part of the business, so have tried plenty of models, up to about 7 years ago, not been on a bike since)

But I really want a Vespa PX200 or 125 or even a T5 for pottering about on. Does anyone know of one rotting away anywhere that needs restoring?

You want a PX125 or a T5 with a PX200 engine with a kit on it ;)
My mate has just done a T5 up with disc brake etc, I used to have a T5 a few years ago very slow, and the footboards wear away when cornering hard :shock: I'd stick to the RG500 great scratcher as are the other two :thumb:

Think another mate of mine has a small wheel vespa in boxes, that needs doing up but he won't part with it cos its like hens teeth.

UP

Nah too ancient now :lol: don't bounce these days :roll: :whistle:

na what you want is a RD500 like rocking horse poo but great tool wouldnt mind getting my hands on a rd350 myself just for a fun bike did the big bike thing .A friend of mine had a RG400 import proper fast hit the back of an FZR 1000 racing him

Latest posts

Back