Forgot to add Campden tablet to Supermarket Juice Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deebee1901

Reaction score
Morning!

I made 5 gallons of assorted supermarket juice wines a few weeks ago and have just racked them into their second demijohns. However I appear to have forgotten to add a campden tablet to one of the demijohns (found a tablet on the worktop) and unsure which one. Due to the nature of the wine, once it's cleared and bottled they obviously won't last long so longevity isn't much of an issue.

1. Should I add another tablet to each demijohn to ensure there's one in each?
  2. I realise it should have been added but will it really matter on one occasion for this type of wine?
  3. Would keeping the bottles in the fridge once bottled help (perhaps need bigger fridge lol)
  4. What's the worst case scenario for the one demijohn that's been forgotten?
Thanks. x

I have always used Campden tablets as they were mentioned in all recipes when i started out, i have since read on more than one occasion that they are not needed in this type of wine if you do not intend ageing the wine long, i would say don't worry you will be very unlucky if the DJ without it turns into something nasty.

Back