• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

free to a good home

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tony, I want to buy a lot of things but I ain't got the money :D I was thinking out loud in my head but a lot of this is new to me. 2 months ago I was brewing kits, today I'm tweaking a Dark Lager.

I haven't got a clue on the keg systems but I'll get a crash course if I go down that route. I've found out home brewing isn't rocket science but it's addictive and fun. I do want a keg system eventually but don't think I'll go for half measures. My brother has his own "bar", I'd love him to pour a perfect pint for me in it.

Thanks Tony, I hadn't discounted a mini keg but from what I've read it's not a good compromise.

I had that beer last night Niman, totally delicious. Trying to guess the style - was it a Blonde Ale?

One thing I did notice was it was very clear and crisp with no yeasty after taste. That's something I'm aspiring too and I've noticed a marked improvement in my own beers but I've still a long way to go.

Giving the boiler a go today, making a Dark Lager.

Glad you liked the beer,,,,that was the last of the batch.
was 5kg mo 15grams columbus start of boil and 30gms fuggkes in 2 additions further down the line..

it is prob the first brew ive done that i would do again.

hope the lager went well

I'd like to give that a try, have you a full recipe?

I'm a Stout man but that was a great brew. I'd definitely like to compare mine to yours. How long was it in the bottle?

One thing I did notice was there was less sediment in your bottles. I've much to learn.

I gave your boiler a go yesterday and what a difference in time it made. My only concern was the tap was not sterilised but the wort was boiling when it was transferred so it may not have made a difference. My washed yeast hasn't worked as the beer is flat as a pancake this morning. I've put a spoon full of Youngs Wine and Beer Yeast in but I've a feeling this brew will end up down the drain. Still not a wasted day, I've learned plenty from yesterday and know the steps I need to correct my mistakes.

Glad you liked the beer,,,,that was the last of the batch.
was 5kg mo 15grams columbus start of boil and 30gms fuggkes in 2 additions further down the line..

it is prob the first brew ive done that i would do again.

hope the lager went well

I'm a Stout man but that was a great brew. I'd definitely like to compare mine to yours. How long was it in the bottle?

One thing I did notice was there was less sediment in your bottles. I've much to learn.

I gave your boiler a go yesterday and what a difference in time it made. My only concern was the tap was not sterilised but the wort was boiling when it was transferred so it may not have made a difference. My washed yeast hasn't worked as the beer is flat as a pancake this morning. I've put a spoon full of Youngs Wine and Beer Yeast in but I've a feeling this brew will end up down the drain. Still not a wasted day, I've learned plenty from yesterday and know the steps I need to correct my mistakes.

Give it some time before chucking it - you never know! As for sterilising your boiler tap, I've never bothered as I've always gone with the thought that the boiling wort will do the job. I might be wrong, but I haven't had an infected brew yet....

Hi Mark

was brewed on 2nd March

after checking notes was 90 min boil
4kilo maris otter
15grms columbus for 90 mins
30grms fuggle last 15

nice and simple.

Thanks Niman,
I should have added the wort boiled over in my brew with the lid on! I wasn't expecting that :p When I done my first AG on my stove top I managed a simmer with the pot covered. The Boiler gave a vigorous boil and much more suited for brewing.

Sincerely many thanks and as I said I will reciprocate to another member when I'm upgrading anything.

I'll try your recipe at some stage but I've a few ingredients to use up before I start buying anything new. I really enjoyed that beer, you should be proud of that.

Latest posts

Back