Fullers Honeydew Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've attempted a clone (or near clone) of Fullers Honeydew which, although just finished carbonating shows great promise. Thought I'd share the recipe. There is enough honey to make it 'just noticeable' like in the Fullers. Got the quantity of honey to add from a youtube video of some folks visiting the Fuller brewery. I'm becoming a fan of wlp002, even for pale ales..the stuff I have attenuates more than advertised and gives a nice smooth taste to the beer.

Batch 22.7ltrs
Target IBUs 36
Target ABV 6.3%

Maris Otter 5kg
Carahell 0.5kg (doing again I'd use caraplis)
Rowes Organic Honey 0.5kg
Wheat Malt 0.5kg

Mash 60mins 66C

Magnum 20gram 60mins
Cascasde 30gram 15mins
Cascade 25gram 5mins
Cascade 25 gram 0mins

Yeast WLP002 ..ferment at 20Deg C

When its cold conditioned I'll post a picture (currently has protein haze when cooled). I was just testing carahell...I think I'd use carapils if I was doing it again to get a more golden colour.

Saw you were planning a second brew of this, first one went well I take it? Any changes besides the carahell to carapils? Some online sources suggest Fullers use First Gold hops, how was it with the cascade?

Tried this beer in a restaurant a few months ago and it was very tasty but it's not sold in a shop near me, or at least not one I'm near very often, so tempted to brew my own.

Saw you were planning a second brew of this, first one went well I take it? Any changes besides the carahell to carapils? Some online sources suggest Fullers use First Gold hops, how was it with the cascade?

Tried this beer in a restaurant a few months ago and it was very tasty but it's not sold in a shop near me, or at least not one I'm near very often, so tempted to brew my own.

Yes, I'll change carhell to carapils and use first gold hops. It turned out OK with the Cascade but I see on their website that they now say they use First Gold. I'll also do the mash a degree lower to make it just that bit lighter...might even take the carpils down to 0.4kg. The amount of honey is just enough to make it perceptible without spoiling the 'beer' taste.

Latest posts

Back