Fullers Vintage 2011 edition

Discussion in 'Distilled Beverages, Commercial Beer & Brewery Dis' started by MarkBowie, Jun 12, 2018 at 5:15 PM.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating using the link above.
  1. Jun 12, 2018 at 5:15 PM #1

MarkBowie

MarkBowie

MarkBowie

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I chose to have this years bottle on my birthday, it was amazing. Flavours I don’t usually associate with beer, plum on the nose and amazing deep malt before deep fruit and bitter finish. That’s it for another year of the Vintage. Will be having some of the others from Fullers later in the year.

rats_eyes likes this.
  2. Jun 13, 2018 at 9:26 AM #2

Dmet

Dmet

Dmet

That vintage is selling for £60 in the Parcel yard pub in London. I had the 1999 a few years ago before they went mad with the prices (now £230 a bottle, then £12). Waitrose sold 2017 last year at £6.50 a bottle so I got 7, one to try fresh and the others to lay down. The 2008 I had at the brewery was also very good and even SWMBO liked it. Parcel yard has had it on draft and well as the 1845 which is normally only bottle conditioned.

3. Jun 13, 2018 at 10:00 AM #3

MarkBowie

MarkBowie

MarkBowie

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I’ve now got 1 of the 2010 (I drank one of them last year), 1 2011 and 2 of each year after that. I buy 2 each time and keep them until it comes round to 7 years later. I’ve also got 2 bottles of brewers reserve I bought a couple of years ago, one of the special edition imperial stouts as I drank the other one. I don’t know why I’m collecting them to be honest but when they come out at £6 a bottle it is a nice feeling when they’re drunk that long after and taste amazing. I think I’m going to start buying 3 so I can drink one young and see the difference.

4. Jun 13, 2018 at 10:34 AM #4

Dmet

Dmet

Dmet

A lot of beers do really well after aging. There is a book called Vintage beer by Patrick Dawson which gives you the flavour profiles over time. I like aged Rochefort 10 and we had some 5 year old at the beerfest lunchtime beers. As well as a 20 year old Gales Prize Old Ale, not so great and a 2012 Westvleteren 12 which was super. Looking to get some Rochefort 10 from Beerwulf as it is only £2.99 a bottle.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 10:48 AM
    MarkBowie likes this.