G70 Owners.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think for me I would be looking at the 70 litre Brewdevil, for the money I don't think the Grainfather cuts it. I have 2 Guten units (same as Brewdevil) and not come across any problems.
I also have a 60 litre Hopcat they are pretty much the same as the Guten/Brewdevil the only problem I have with that is at 90 C it goes to boil, have tried to calibrate it to no avail so I just add 10 minutes to the boil time.

Option 1. G70

Option 2. B80

Option 3 and my preferred Braumister 50L plus.

Need to sell the brewery first though, although I have a chap who says he definitely wants it.

Option 1. G70

Option 2. B80

Option 3 and my preferred Braumister 50L plus.

Need to sell the brewery first though, although I have a chap who says he definitely wants it.
That makes it easy, go with your preferred option, if I could only keep one of mine it would be the BM.

That makes it easy, go with your preferred option, if I could only keep one of mine it would be the BM.
I just bought a bm50 after using a 3 vessel system for the past few years. It's a lovely piece of kit and takes up a lot less room in the garage .

Just notices then G70 is not knocking on 1.5K No way is this an option at that price, I may as well just go with the BM 50L Plus.

The B80 is an excellent piece of engineering but with all the extras and valves to make it work its like operating a 3V system so that's out too.

Just notices then G70 is not knocking on 1.5K No way is this an option at that price, I may as well just go with the BM 50L Plus.

The B80 is an excellent piece of engineering but with all the extras and valves to make it work its like operating a 3V system so that's out too.
I looked at the brewtools 80 but it looked too much of a faff , too many recommended extra valves etc. I wanted a simplified setup not a more over complicated one.

24463E36-995D-4BAA-B45B-23061EF0A04E.jpeg

Was recently going to buy a G70, but my friend had one delivered which was damaged due to poor packaging. The pump was loose and hanging off it’s fixing. One of the switches was disconnected and hanging out. The electrical connections were of a low quality crimped diy type and not very secure. The list of problems was longer and the supplier actually sent a employee out to to pick it up quickly to get the G70 back. My friend was extremely disappointed and upset.
I was looking forward to doing a first brew with my friend and his G70, but the unit was dangerous and unusable.
With regards to David Heaths comments, our experience was even worse than his.
Both myself and my friend will be buying units from other manufacturers.

Had a look under the bonnet of a G 70 the other day, very impressed. The overall quality was excellent, heavy gauge stainless steel with good finish. No cockroaches will get into the electrics on this.
IMG_6111.JPG

Latest posts

Back