Oxebar PET "Kegs"

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look a good cost effective solution to get into kegging and for those of us with converted larder fridge kegarators and struggle to fit more than one or two corny kegs in, a way to fit more beer. Would want to know a bit more about their longevity/robustness/tolerance to being knocked about. I can treat my PET fermenter with kids gloves a bit, but kegs tend to get a bit more of a bashing about.

Interesting. A 4L one of these would solve a problem for me as most of the kits I brew are ~23L so the bit that I can't get in a 19L corny could go in a 4L one of these. Also perfect for holiday use 🙂

Any idea which home brew shops will be importing these? Can't imagine the shipping to be cost effective if purchased off their AliExpress store.

Interesting. A 4L one of these would solve a problem for me as most of the kits I brew are ~23L so the bit that I can't get in a 19L corny could go in a 4L one of these. Also perfect for holiday use 🙂

Any idea which home brew shops will be importing these? Can't imagine the shipping to be cost effective if purchased off their AliExpress store.
Theres plenty of Kegland stuff already around in the UK homebrew shops so I'd like to think at least someone will have them in. I'd definitely have one or two for flexibility purposes

I think the Naked Keg had them in a month or 2 back.

To give some idea as to how much these may cost. As I thought, importing these yourself from China is not going to be cost effective.

Guess they'll be about £20 - £25 from UK HB shops. Could still be tempted.
1665735131776.png

They are going for $31 for the keg and tapping head over here. Considering you can get a used corny for $45 it seems a bit steep but I know how much more cornies cost over there.

I use both keg King and Kegland products, I do have more kegland gear (mainly due to availability) and I have to say it is very good quality.
Keg King do however seem to improving some of their equipment in line with Kegland.
It's just a shame that they are so slow getting to UK retailers ! However the rivalry between the companies can only be good for the consumer.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're wondering about why he doesn't talk about keg King products ask him !
I think you'll find that keg King won't give products to review to anyone if they've said anything positive about kegland. A mistake on their part because they do have some very good products.🍻

Last edited by a moderator:

I just use 3l Pepsi bottles from Iceland…I have a few and they work great for test batches, left overs and taking to the neighbours!

Attachments

• 8F2AEE35-DB1A-44DB-9E80-A6EB2ED85001.jpeg
    8F2AEE35-DB1A-44DB-9E80-A6EB2ED85001.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 0
I think the time lapse of the Keg King gear being on the market is the Poms getting their **** into gear. A webinar was held over a week ago between Bevie and retailers. Product has been in the UK for some time now. I was given a 10 litre keg to trial but for me the interest is in the single use bag. No cleaning, no co2, just air squeezing the goodness out of the bag.
I haven't got the bag yet but looking forward to it.
The clear 10 litre keg.

004.JPG

I think the time lapse of the Keg King gear being on the market is the Poms getting their **** into gear. A webinar was held over a week ago between Bevie and retailers. Product has been in the UK for some time now. I was given a 10 litre keg to trial but for me the interest is in the single use bag. No cleaning, no co2, just air squeezing the goodness out of the bag.
I haven't got the bag yet but looking forward to it.
The clear 10 litre keg.

View attachment 76446
I thought Poms was the your name for the British, I didn't know that you used it for the kiwis (Bevie) as well !!🍻

Was there any news on these? Still too cheap to buy a 6.5 litre corny keg, despite knowing how much cost effective it'd be.

Touche! There's just something in me that begrudges paying £80 for the 6.5 litre keg (which is don't really need, but handy to bring to friends etc) when you can get larger refurbished kegs for £40-50 😂

Latest posts

Back