Gamma Ray dry hop.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dweb

Regular.
Reaction score
I'm going to brew some Gamma Ray this evening, my 2nd attempt. The recipe states dry hop for 5 days. Now the 1st time I brewed this, I dry hopped for the 1st 5 days of a 14 day ferment. I'm wondering if it should be the last 5 days, same as the additions are added during the boil where the time stated is for the last 5 minutes etc.

Dunno if I'm right but I wait til fermentation is finished then dry hop. The theory being that if you add while fermentation is underway you will lose the aroma volatiles as the c02 vents. I then cold crash. Seems to be working! Depends if you can wait 3 weeks for it to be done....

I'm going to brew some Gamma Ray this evening, my 2nd attempt. The recipe states dry hop for 5 days. Now the 1st time I brewed this, I dry hopped for the 1st 5 days of a 14 day ferment. I'm wondering if it should be the last 5 days, same as the additions are added during the boil where the time stated is for the last 5 minutes etc.

I have brewed this a couple of times now, Clint is quite right, ferment for 14 days then dry hop for 4-5 days. Hope that helps :thumb:

Latest posts

Back