Gas suppliers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisriley83

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’ve just ordered my 1st kegging kit as I’m bored of washing bottles and want to build a kegerator, does anyone have any good videos/instructions on kegging and also where’s the best place to buy co2 gas for force carbonating? Thanks in advance 🍻

Hi, for gas just search your postcode or area and 'cellar gas' or just co2 - should find somewhere less than and hour away unless you are unlucky. Getting a loan from a pub usually isn't worth it as they often just pay a monthly fee for the tank and regular refills.

Prices vary wildly - I had to pay £100 for my 6kg tank (holds 6 kg of co2 and weighs about 20kg when full) but my refills were about £12 - not refilled lately but hear it is more now. Other places might charge more - I've heard of some paying £45 for a refill and some suppliers weren't taking new clients, but not sure if thst has settled down now.

And this is how I carb my beer - but most people use the traditional 'slow' method. After making fizzy water for the last 4 years I can guarantee there is no difference in flavour of the water if I slow carb it or burst carb it - so I always go burst.

I use Hobbyweld/Hobbybrew. They aren’t the cheapest (I wouldn’t say they are a rip off either) but have depots/retailers all over the U.K. I have 5 stockists within a 45min drive of my house.

Latest posts

Back