Geordie larger experiment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r_Mark

Reaction score
Hi everyone my first lager kit for some years is a geordie the Mrs got me today so I went to asda and got some light brown sugar 500g so everything steralised and ready to go I boiled 2 litres of bottled water and stood the geordie can in the sink with hot water when the water was boiled I dissolved 220g of brown sugar in it added it to a 25 litre brewing barrel along with the geordie can and 3 litres of bottled water room temp ,filled the geordie can with boiling water then gave the brew a good mix and stirring for a good few minutes then added other hot water from the can again mixing it all up then filled it to the 15 litre mark with bottled water then did a reading on my hydrometer I am not sure how to read it but luckily it has a estimated abv marker came in at 6 abv estimated had a taste and it was really nice tasting with a bitter after taste mmm nice lol ,added the yeast and put the lid on , fingers crossed it tastes this good when brewed .

Back