Getting on with my AG setup....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich747

Reaction score
Let me know if there's too many of these type of posts and I'll stop - just wanted to share!!

Got a spare bit of kitchen surface from a pal and a few breakfast bar legs from Ebay

71444301.jpg

The HLT and start of connection to 12v pump. The 2-ballvalve manifold will be fitted to the wall above the pump and will enable me to switch from sparge water to the mashing arm (yet to be built).

51420663.jpg

Next, the mash tun. A 45L cool-box.

99991939.jpg

Easy to remove the fitted drain valve and add a ball valve.

b25r.jpg

A crash course in plumbing (thanks youTube!), and the manifold is complete - each slit sawn by hand, de-burred and cleaned...blimey!!

63675898.jpg

Fits nicely!

84296904.jpg

Mash tun complete, including built-in thermometer and timer!

doneijt.jpg

Next....the sparge arm, connecting up and test!!

Rich747 said:
Let me know if there's too many of these type of posts and I'll stop - just wanted to share!!

There can never be too many "look at me building stuff" posts IMHO... :thumb:

looking good so far!

Got to agree, never too many "look what I made" threads.
If we used an "Airfix" kit brewery and everyones was the same it'd be different, but watching each builder face their own design gives insight on how to takle problems and take advantage of quirks in our favour.

Long live the "I made this" thread!

I have a feeling with you 3v lads that the gathering of equipment and building a system is a whole lot of fun. I prefer the simplicity of BIAB but do occasionally envy the opportunity to wield the tool kit. Looks like you're enjoying it, looking forward to news of the beer!

31bb3 said:
Nice work always good to see another build just a question is there any insulation in the MT ??

Think the Coleman cool boxes are pretty well insulated - the only issue I'm aware of with cool boxes in general is that often the lid isn't well insulated - or even not insulated at all - since they're designed to keep things cool, and cool air sinks down, so no need to incur the cost of insulating the lid.. of course when we want to keep stuff hot inside it.... :evil:

31bb3 said:
Nice work always good to see another build just a question is there any insulation in the MT ??

Hi, I should expect so. It's a Coleman 'X-Treme' - inside dimensions MUCH smaller than outside; sides about about 3 inches thick! One of them kept ice for 4 days in the summer. Hopefully it will manage a degree over 90 mins.

BigYin said:
31bb3 said:

Think the Coleman cool boxes are pretty well insulated - the only issue I'm aware of with cool boxes in general is that often the lid isn't well insulated - or even not insulated at all - since they're designed to keep things cool, and cool air sinks down, so no need to incur the cost of insulating the lid.. of course when we want to keep stuff hot inside it.... :evil:

The lid is about the same thickness too.

I'll know in a week or so when I try a dry (wet) run!

Another vote for the 'there can't be too many of these threads' gang.

In other words, where would I see the good ideas to nick if follk didn't post there 'this is how I did it' threads :D :cheers:

Latest posts

Back