Giving up on homebrewing due to health

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi BrannBrew if you do decide to still have the odd beer may I suggest that you use Clarity Ferm to reduce the gluten as that may be a irritant in the IBS/Whatever issue athumb..

I Know with some illnesses alcohol can be a game changer and in those cases I would always advise people to follow the advice but I think whatever the illness a doctor will always say do not smoke do not drink and eat lettuce leaves.
Who wants to live 1 year longer or enjoy the rest of your life I know what my choice would be under those circumstances athumb.. :beer1:
I not supposed to overdo lettuce leaves with my meds, so stay with my beers.
@BrannBrew did you consider to look at low abv beers?

Yeah I'm thinking along the same lines.
Do you still brew?
I've cut everything that I'm thinking adds to it.
ATM I'm in the mindset why do I want to drink or have diary or coffee if it causes me discomfort. I had a beer the other night and woke up early hours with a ache below my ribs and the lower half sounding like trumpets.
Stress has been really bad the last few weeks. My toddler was ill with scarlet fever and during the same time been told the job I applied for and was offered the job (a job I've been doing on temp promotion for 18months) I might have to re-apply for as HR noticed a discrepancy on the job advert details.
So not been the best few weeks.
The doctor's advice to me was to cut one thing out at a time and keep a record of any changes. I still brew and to be honest drink a little too much especially while it's been hot and I've noticed some discomfort coming back so for me it's time to cut back again, basically it's all about managing it to the best of your ability. Good luck, ask any questions you want if I can help I will do

I've started a food diary and gradually adding things back in. I've had a coffee a day but with oat milk and haven't really felt bad.
The chest pains have eased massively, odd thing was that it was the day after I get a call about my job situation. So alot of it probably has been caused by sudden stress.
I still think my body is liking not having dairy as I'm less bloated etc. I've got a few beers in for this weekend and will see how that effects me.
I prefer lower abv beers anyways as with a toddler, I'm usually asleep after one!

Latest posts

Back