gone mad

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

granda

Reaction score
right to start my wife says ive gone mad
first it was growing a bit of veg in the small back garden of a modern urban house
second it was wine making
now its what can i grow and preseve to eat wth my wine

so far ive managed
-biltong -dry cured beef(i cant keeop cows but i buy cheap cuts of butcher)http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/hugh-fearnley-whittingstall/biltong-recipe_p_1.html
-pickled eggs -bartered with a farmer dozen eggs 1 blt wine
-pickled onions bought in aldi (http://www.allotment.org.uk/recipe/355/ ... on-recipe/)

im now growing beets ,onions and gerkins to pickle and more wine to barter have i gone mad or is this normal(i dont realy care as im having fun but i think jams and relishes are next)
back to the old old days and forget the recession
have fun and please be mad as what choice have we got
ian

Don't worry at all, this seems to be perfectly normal behaviour to me. :? Though thinking about it, as E said I am also seriously worried about your apparent lack of attention to brewing. Perhaps you are trying to suppress these feelings due to your anxiety with the other things mentioned.
Just try to relax and things should become normal.
I to did suffer like you in the past , but Mrs S. now understands my problems, brewing, gardening and now bee keeping,.......... eggs, chickens and ducks keep appearing in my dreams. Ducks :P very tasty and they are ready for the plate in 9 weeks, :) not told Mrs.S about this part.......... mind you she scoffs down pheasants without a problem :hmm:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Have fun
S

not to worry plenty of wine on the go
1 gallon wurzels (planned)
2 gallons strawberry&apple(bubbling)
1 gallon cyser(clearing)
1 gallon citrus(bubbling)
1 gallon summer fruits(bubbling)
1 gallon pineapple(clearing)
1 gallon orange conc. (drinking)
1 gallon simple white (drinking)
so as you can see brewing hasnt been relaxed, and i got my free range eggs from my farmer friend today and duck eggs are ordered now its pickling time

Like your style Granda,

wish I had more room to do the gardening stuff. I reckon taking a few steps backwards is the way forward!! Time ASDA and Co get a bit of competition.
Brewing is going quite well for a beginner, just need to work out how to grow tobacco in my dining room!

Looking at that list G, I now realise there was no need to worry about you ;) :lol:
Keep up the good work.
S
P.S. Don't forget, really fresh eggs don't shell cleanly, the shell takes lots of the white bit with it, not good in a pickle jar, or even egg cup ;)

The growing is easy bit, as long as you keep the slugs at bay.
Its the shredding and maturing that's the pain.
At home you can just about shred fine enough for "Pipe" tobacco or use the whole leaf for cigars.
The leaf is very much like a long spinnach leaf.
In short, you've got to want to do it!

Latest posts

Back