Good Bottle Cappers?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickiedavis

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just returned my second bottle capper to Wilkos - would have asked for a refund but I'm half way through bottling so needed and exchange sharpish! Both of these stopped capping after little use. The last one I had, the round bit that grabs the bottleneck all bent up. It even broke the neck off of one bottle. Either they are rubbish, or I don't know my own strength :eek:

Can anyone recommend a good one that will last?

Cheers.

Youngs bottle capper. Most homebrew shops or from Tesco's for under a tenner. May struggle a bit with the bulby topped whychwood bottles but still a very sturdy capper.

Cheers guys, looks like I'll be returning this one to wilkos for a refund (after finishing this batch :whistle: ) and getting a proper one. Can't afford a bench one as yet, so a metal twin levered one will fit the bill.

i got one of the wilko twin cappers in the sale(last years fathers day one) and not had a problem with it

dickiedavis said:
Can't afford a bench one as yet, so a metal twin levered one will fit the bill.

It works for me. Also, I have a huge mix of bottle sizes, if you have a bench capper you have to adjust between sizes.

winelight said:
I have a huge mix of bottle sizes, if you have a bench capper you have to adjust between sizes.
Which is no hardship, Organise the bottles in size order, and adjust when you get to the next size . . . 5 - 10 seconds . . . of course if you have 40 bottles all of different heights . . . . you need more bottles :D

I'm just about to bottle the remains of 4 cornies worth of beer into bottles, and will be deliberately be doing so in different sized bottles

I certainly need more bottles. But because the bar where I live now has Tring beers on tap, people don't really drink the bottled stuff any more. I think I got only 2 empty bottles last week (one Crabbies and one from the rather nice Tring Crowning Glory).

I'm going to bottle a lager today but then I will have run out of bottles and will have a Wherry ready very soon...

dickiedavis said:
Hi,

I've just returned my second bottle capper to Wilkos - would have asked for a refund but I'm half way through bottling so needed and exchange sharpish! Both of these stopped capping after little use. The last one I had, the round bit that grabs the bottleneck all bent up. It even broke the neck off of one bottle. Either they are rubbish, or I don't know my own strength :eek:

Can anyone recommend a good one that will last?

Cheers.
if your up for it you can make your own bench capper for under 20 quid
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=42177&p=484348#p484348

Latest posts

Back