Gooday Home Brew forum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashole

Reaction score
Hey all, as requested in the initial email on signing up (does anyone actually do this or is it just me??) I'm introducing myself!
I'm Ash and a pretty new home brewer and still in the initial frenzy of absorbing as much information as possible on the subject!

Despite having only made two batches I have managed to piece together a lot of equipment and gain a lot of info from various forums etc but most of them a yanks and I wanted to find some good old English home brewers to chat brew with.

My brew system is a home made copper manifold 5 gl cool box mash tun to a 6.5 gl burco boiler (with modified thermostat) and plastic buckets or some old school boots wine making fermenters, I have a home made imersion chiller and ferment in a converted fridge freezer using the freezer as the temp controlled fermenter (STC100 modified) and the fridge as a duel tap kegerator. I'm also currently building a home made stir plate for my starters.

Don't know if any one reading this has done a partigyle type brew before but that is my next planned brew, a big chewy christmas beer with the first runnings and whatever I can squeeze out of the second runnings to stop me drinking the crimbo brew before we even get to December!
If you have Partigyled before could you message me so i can ask some pointers etc??

Nice one
:cheers: brew folks

Ashole said:
Hey all, as requested in the initial email on signing up (does anyone actually do this or is it just me??)
Quite a few introduce themselves and it's nice for us to know a bit about who is reading and what they make.

Introductions aren't compulsory and members are quite welcome to just lurk and read, but after a while you would lose your ability to post and have to contact the forum Admin if you later decided that you wanted to ask questions or otherwise join in.

Members who don't post and don't visit for a few months might come back and find their accounts have been deleted. Just one post safeguards your account.

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Latest posts

Back