Grainfather GF30 Handle Covers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This has been a game changer for me, so thought I'd post it here. Whilst looking for a design for something completely different to 3D print, I came across this design for handle covers for the Grainfather GF30 so that the pressed steel handles don't slice your fingers off when carrying it across the room with 25 litres of liquid in it.

https://www.printables.com/model/48646-grainfather-fermentor-handle

I printed a pair of the variant with tighter tolerances using PLA+ (I don't have PETG or ABS filament as it recommends) and they are utterly brilliant!

Please excuse the crudity and general grubbiness of my current brewing environment 🙂

1715706509169.png

1715706552914.png

Yeah, I either brew in the utility room or outside, and I ferment out of the way in the garage, where neither the kids, nor the cat can be fascinated by the airlock 🙂

It’s only about 5 metres away on the level, but those handles are very uncomfortable. To be frank, I don’t totally trust the spot welds so never lift it more than a few inches off the ground!

Yeah, I either brew in the utility room or outside, and I ferment out of the way in the garage, where neither the kids, nor the cat can be fascinated by the airlock 🙂

It’s only about 5 metres away on the level, but those handles are very uncomfortable. To be frank, I don’t totally trust the spot welds so never lift it more than a few inches off the ground!
According to Bevie those handles can support the weight of a full fermenter.

Latest posts

Back