Grape Juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

habbsy

Reaction score
I googled tea wine and found a recipe on this site, which says to use 2 litres of grape juice.

My local Wilkinsons sells 100% grape juice concentrate at £3.00 for about 220g, do i need 2 litres of the concentrate, whcih will make it very expensive wine

Hi habbsy,

The concentrate is exactly that - concentrated! There will be lots more sugar and lots more flavour than standard ready-to-drink grape juice.

You need to know the sugar content of the concentrate - from that you can work out roughly how much you need.

Thanks, I will have to go to the shop and see what's on the label, the on line description gives no details

Habbsy - normally you can just buy grape juice in supermarkets right next to the apple juice. This is probably going to be a better option than the concentrate I would have thought which is generally used to add some flavour or when you fear you've diluted your brew too much.

Lidl's have 1 litre 100% Red Grape Juice for 69p at the moment, I've just bought myself half a dozen of them this afternoon.

I've got a few of those Wilko Grape Extracts and have not been able to find out how much Sugar is in them. I'm convinced I've ruined a wine (which was cheap so probably going to be borderline anyway) by adding a bottle of this, it put the SG off the scale on my Hydrometer.

Not sure I'll use the other few bottles of it I've got

Halve it, split into two DJ's, and dilute it down, if it's really too sweet...?

Latest posts

Back