Harris Finings '2' Question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattN

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi, Just a quick question with reference to Harris Finings '2'.

I have two bottles of this, a stage one and stage two (for beer). I seem to remember that the stage two had the same ingredients as the one stage Harris finings for wine.

I am struggling to find the answer on-line, so if anyone has a bottle would you please confirm that the ingredients are water, isinglass, citric acid and sulphur dioxide.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

Hi Matt, I don't have any of that and won't be visiting my local homebrew shop for another week or two, but I think I'm right in saying that Finings 2 and Vinclear are very similar.

If no-one else can offer any prompt advice I would suggest that you register with the home winemaking forum and ask your question there.

That forum is hosted by Harris Homebrew, so you can ask Andrew Harris personally.

Moley said:
Hi Matt, I don't have any of that and won't be visiting my local homebrew shop for another week or two, but I think I'm right in saying that Finings 2 and Vinclear are very similar.

If no-one else can offer any prompt advice I would suggest that you register with the home winemaking forum and ask your question there.

That forum is hosted by Harris Homebrew, so you can ask Andrew Harris personally.

Thanks Moley, I will take a look over there.

Regards

Matt

Back