Harvest Gold - Pale Ale 1.055 ~31 IBU

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm posting this in here as I am really enjoying it and it'll be brewed by me again regularly:

The recipe is laid out for 50L and is still in Beersmith format

I mashed at 67 for 60 mins and also boiled for 60, fermented with S04 but will brew again with WLP007 as I want to see how it turns out with a drier finish.

11000.00 gm Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (3.0 SRM) Grain 90.16 %
600.00 gm Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 4.92 %
600.00 gm Wheat, Torrified (1.7 SRM) Grain 4.92 %
60.00 gm Cascade [5.75 %] (60 min) Hops 15.7 IBU
70.00 gm Bobek [5.00 %] (15 min) Hops 7.9 IBU
60.00 gm Cascade [5.75 %] (15 min) Hops 7.8 IBU
50.00 gm Bobek [5.00 %] (0 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -
25.00 gm Cascade [5.50 %] (0 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -

I'm going to do this as soon as I get some Cascade.........and some Bobek. I feel an order going into Hope and Grope quite soon. :lol:

Good man :cool:

That yeast you have would do well in this beer ;)

I'm sure it would - I used it in my Snow Leopard that is based on Cascade and it was fantastic (I broke the land speed record for empying a cornie keg on that one :lol: ).

Hi Wez,

To what would you compare Bobek? (flavor and aroma-wise)

thanks

monk said:
Hi Wez,

To what would you compare Bobek? (flavor and aroma-wise)

thanks

I'm not Wez and i've never used them :oops: but iirc Wez has on more than one occasion compared them with Styrians. I think he rathers them to Styrians :D

Hi Monk :)

Yep A T is right, lots of breweries are using Bobek as a Styrian replacement, I do indeed prefer them they have a more mellow flavour than Styrians IMO which can be a bit sharp. Lots of citrus notes :thumb:

Wez,

This is a mighty fine brew, but it does need to mature a little as I found from the SWB brewday. I tried some quite early (1 week) but after a few more weeks the harshness mellowed and it was fantastic :cheers:

Make sure the the two you promised me are not part of that. :lol:

Latest posts

Back